Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!

I'm back from hiatus, which in this case consisted of a trip to Montreal and then, upon return, kids with their 1st colds, so there hasn't been much free time during the day. But now, at 9pm on New Year's Eve, I have no other plans. One of the lesser known benefits of young children is that they're a fantastic excuse for not having elaborate plans to be sipping champagne at the hottest club or party. A year ago we were at a party in Geneva, which is a pretty cool thing to be able to say, but there weren't a lot of tremendous new years before that. I remember one, around age 15 or 16, at a party, where I spent half the night talking to the boyfriend of the girl I was desirous of. A buddy of mine had to find me at midnight to tell me to go kiss the girl. I did but she still went home with the boyfriend. Tonight seems more predictable and less fraught with emotional peril.

It'll take me a few posts to catch up, but I'll start with a few Christmas shots with my family in Montreal.
- The kids under the tree - Molly beaming and Jacob trying not to topple


- Molly amongst the stockings

- Christmas dinner. Looks like I really dressed up for the occasion.

- General Christmas mayhem

- Molly in her office

- Me and the boy

- Feeding time at the zoo

No comments: