Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Some Stuff I'm Excited About This Week

  • Summertime. Spring seemed to last about half an hour and we're into full-on summer (and not a moment too soon). This was apparently the hottest spot in Ontario this past weekend, reaching 30C. The ice melted on the lake in about 24 hours. Everyone seems more smiley.
  • Rum & coke. I'm having one right now. Drinking alone seems less problematic in the summer heat.
  • Swings. More specifically, twins faces on the swings. I can't imagine what it would be like to experience a swing for the very first time, but I get a sense from their joyful expressions.
  • Strawberries. More specifically, strawberry juice all over Jacob's face. I can't imagine what it would be like to experience a strawberry for the very first time, but I get a sense from the red smeared all over his face.
  • Visits from mom. Our garden is tidied, the house is cleaned, my spirits are lifted, the twins are happy and stimulated. Not bad for a 5-day visit.
  • Hockey playoffs. The Habs almost broke my heart, but salvaged the series against the Bruins. And the twins are sensing the excitement as I hum them the Hockey Night in Canada theme all day. Which makes a break from me singing them Take Me Out to the Ballgame (still the only lullabye I can remember all the words to)
  • Molly's feet. We went to Sick Kids today for her first checkup since before Xmas and the verdict was that she's perfect (which we already suspected).
  • Entourage. We're into Season Two and loving this fluffy, fun HBO series. And Ari the agent has to be one of the best characters on television. Kate says I'm too old to be part of an entourage but I'm not giving up the dream just yet. Now I just need a friend with some talent or good looks.
  • Roddy Doyle. Always one of our favourites (Barrytown trilogy is a classic and Paddy Clarke is on my top ten of alltime list). I'm in the middle of Paula Spencer, the sequel to the remarkable Woman Who Walked Into Doors. The voice is harsh and real and the book is definitely a recommendation thus far.
  • Clapping and waving. Jacob falls asleep clapping his hands, wakes up clapping his hands, and will do so anytime during the day if you say the word clap. He also gets pretty excited about waving and saying something that sounds a lot like "hi".
  • Molly's spineramas. Neither of them has perfected forward locomotion yet, but Molly keeps getting more and more adept at going around in circles.

I'll post some of mom's photos later when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you are enjoying the weather! I was in Beantown last week and saw a bunch of rowdy Habs fans (& Yankees fans).
Anyhoo - it's going to be a crazy month and I may forget to wish you a happy b-day so here it is now!
We love Entourage! Plus, I read The Woman Who Walked Into Doors so I'm intrigued about the sequel!
Take care! Kisses to M&J! Greetings to Kate!
Tiff

Anonymous said...

Does your mom want to come to jolly old England for 5 days????

Say hello from me.

xo
lc