Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camping and Ball Games

Here's a picture of us camping at Bass Lake last week. It was all going so well until the 4:30am wake-up.

Here are the kids playing with an imaginary ball at the dinner table. I should have videoed the previous session, when they had a heated disagreement about who had the ball (resolved by introducing a second imaginary ball - ahh, I am a genius sometimes).

I made fajitas last night, which I expected to be a big hit because for a two-year old, it consists of dipping vegetables and fajita shells into various dips. Instead, the kids just ate spoonfuls of the dips (salsa, sour cream, guacamole). At one point I asked Jacob whether he liked fajitas - he replied, with a sommelier's disdainfully raised eyebrow, "quite yummy". Because I laughed, everything has now become "quite yummy".

No comments: