Monday, August 17, 2009

Weak Excuses for Lengthy Absence

Aaaah, I've been away too long. Here are my lame excuses:
1. The kids decided to quit napping about a month ago, depriving me of my reliable afternoon window of blogging time. They're as exhausted as ever after lunch but have set their minds against sleeping. A chorus of "no napping, no napping" goes up most days.
2. Two weeks of swimming lessons had us out at the beach on the other side of the lake every morning, and the kids kept falling asleep in the car enroute home so I was left with the choice to either drive around aimlessly for a nap-length period, or hope they would stay asleep in a parked car (with me checking on them every 5 minutes). Neither choice was ideal.
3. Triathlon training has taken over our lives. Kate is doing the triathlon here in town this weekend, so I started training to keep her company. We've been biking and/or running most days for the past couple of months. I've decided to do the Try-a-tri this weekend, which is a questionable decision given my inability to swim. My primary goal will be to avoid drowning.
4. My mom took my camera cord home by mistake after her recent visit. This excuse is particularly lame as my computer is full of recent photos to post.
5. I'm lazy. The truth at last.

3 comments:

SwimCoachFinder said...

Tri families are the best. Enough said!

Anonymous said...

It's perfectly understandable that you're not a swimmer, Chris. After all, it's not like you come from a swimming family or anything.

xo
jules

just us said...

Have you tried "quiet time"? 60-90 minutes of them wuth a drink in a "safe" area with no crayons/markers/glue to hand? Helps me get through my day and Sophie usually ends up falling asleep.