Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I May Have Exaggerated

So, it didn't exactly snow while we were up north. It was 25C every day and we had a perfect trip. And I'm not just being nice because my mother-in-law looked after the kids 24 hours a day.

Here are some more photos from our trip.
- Around here ya gotta earn your keep. Here's the family mowing homestead lawn

- No need to look so serious fellas, we'll return to civilization soon. Lois brought so much food and toys to the cottage (it's gotten too fancy for me to continue to refer to it as "camp"), that two boat trips were required to haul all the stuff. Today the twins were playing with their cardboard box "boat". They took every toy they could find and filled the box to overflowing and then pronounced it "grandma and poppa's boat".

- During a reading of the 3 Billy Goats (and at other random moments), Molly likes to turn to me and say, "Baba, I eat you up".

- Here's Brent telling the kids, "... blueberry bushes? In my day we didn't have blueberry bushes"

- Some are born to captain a vessel

- Jacob steers the careening boat towards a rocky shore as Brent teaches him to "use the force"

- I've fished with Kate's family four or five times now and there has never been a single catch. But this was the first trip with the fish-finder. So, now at least we know how many fish are getting away.

- Molly thinking, "there would be more action if we were playing ball sports right now"

- One last ride on the beloved tractor

No comments: