Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lengthy Absence - No Excuse

All goes well - here are some catch-up tidbits and news:

- The only thing better than living 2 blocks from a library is living 2 blocks from a library that they're going to knock down to build a new one. The imminent demolition project is consuming a great deal of attention in this family.

- All the talk of wrecking balls and worksites has caused a little confusion. We've started talking to the kids about our upcoming move (tentatively scheduled for early fall - on the waterfront, same town), and Jacob said, "when we move to Don and Sara's house will the workers knock down our house"

- I left Molly alone at the dinner table last night while I was dealing with the other two. At bedtime, she told Kate that she had had maple syrup for dinner. Sure enough, the syrup pitcher was empty. I figure she drank about a cup. And she proceeded to have a completely normal night's sleep, while her brother managed to turn a late night "sore toe" into some hockey playoff time with Kate on the couch. I was away, losing the family fortune in a poker game.
- Recent conversation:
Me: Jacob, don't be obtuse
Jacob: I'm not a goose, I'm a turkey

- Had been very excited about the Habs game one victory, but no confidence remains now that they're down 3-1. A little sheepish that my playoff pool team includes 7 Capitals and no Habs.

- We just finished Season 3 of Mad Men. Loved it. Great show that keeps getting better.

- Zoë is getting closer to walking and she's "talking" up a storm. I'll try to get some fresh photos posted soon

3 comments:

Lisa L. said...

a cup of maple syrup??!?!?!?! is that wrong?? i'm actually feeling a tiny bit jealous!!! i'm pretty sure you can only get away with this if you are an almost three year old!!

on another note, will has a new word..."eddybuddy"!!! it's cracking me up and thanks to jacob and molly, it leaves me thinking quite often about the grinch!!! :)

Analú acessórios femininos said...

Hello cool your blog I am an artist if you want to order flowers just visit my blog and order send 'em everywhere .. hugs .. Helen of Brazil ...

Kehne Do said...

Say Your Mind Words, Visit Our Blog Here
http://www.kehnedo.blogspot.com