Thursday, May 13, 2010

Zoë's First Time at Camp

- Here's Zoë waiting for the boat to get loaded to bring us over to camp. The motor wouldn't start (do boat motors ever?), so Kate rowed us over. Prompting Jacob to say "Papa used to have a motorboat. Now it's a rowboat"

- Jacob pacing, thinking "how much stuff can we have for a two-day trip?"

- Zoë walking into camp for the first time

- Oh how I love to go up in a swing

- Kate and Zoë by the lake

- no, she didn't sleep any better than at home, despite hogging the big bed

- it wouldn't be camp without a reading of Big Joe's Trailer Truck. It looks like I'm giving Jacob the full hockey-playoff-beard-staredown. You think I look scruffy in this picture, you should see me now. But if my ugly beard is helping the Habs knock off the Caps and Pens, I can't shave it now, right?

- Zoë telling me funny jokes

- there was a movement afoot to claim that Zoë's first steps took place at camp. But there was really just a series of: push, stumble, faceplant. Journalistic integrity precludes me from calling that walking.

- Jacob giving me a decorated container of raisins for my birthday (39 for the first time)

- me pulling off the, "wow, a decorated container of mixed nuts - that's fantastic" look

- Molly and grandma helping Zoë blow out the candle

No comments: