Monday, November 22, 2010

Things You Need to Know

1. I've committed to doing a sub four hour marathon for my 40th birthday in May. Yes, 40 is coming.

2. Sean and Erin continue to be the best big cousins ever. All efforts to bring them home with me from Montreal this weekend were sadly rebuffed by their mother.

3. All three kids slept in until 7am this morning. I believe that's a first. So, what to blame my lack of productivity on now?

4. Molly and Jacob went to their first theatre production on Saturday - an adapted version of Little Red Riding Hood. One hundred kids in the audience and only one couldn't handle the intensity of the drama. Molly, about 10 seconds into the production, shouts "I don't want the wolf to eat Riding Hood". Two minutes later, shouts "When are we going home, I want to go home now". Spends the rest of the play, in my arms, at the back of the theatre, continuing to shake like a leaf. I was really hoping my girls were going to end up with my wife's tough genes, not my mom's, Beth's and Erin's. Ah well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Fantastic idea. Do you have a training programme? 18 weeks or longer? 40!

2. Do Sean and Erin want to do a little exchange to Switzerland?

3. Well done! Ours spent all of last week waking up every 30 - 45 mins due to bad colds. Productivity below zero. Am rather proud that I'm still generally being relatively nice to other human beings. Sometimes.

4. Molly, don't worry. I used to cry at the lyrics of Puff the Magic Dragon. Sensitivity is a good thing. A little hard on the ego during about 17 years of schooling, but good nonetheless.

xo
lc