Monday, December 27, 2010

Two Stories from Today

Christmas photos to follow, but in the meantime here are a couple of great conversations from today.

1. Driving Around With the Kids Talking About The Weather

Me: The roads are pretty clear - no snow on them
Molly: But I think it's going to snow soon
Me: I don't know, I haven't heard anything about any snow coming
Molly: Well, maybe the snow doesn't talk to you baba


2. Miscommunicating With My Mother-in-Law

What I Heard
Lois: Do you have any Baileys to put in the stew?
Me: No, I think we've run out but we do have Amarula
Lois: What's that?
Me: It's African, but it's basically the same thing
Lois: Okay go ahead and put it in.

What Lois Heard
Lois: Do you have any bay leaves to put in the stew?
Me: No, I think we've run out but we do have Amarula
Lois: What's that?
Me: It's African, but it's basically the same thing
Lois: Okay go ahead and put it in.

Follow-On Conversation Tonight
Lois: Yes, I would like a drink. Maybe a Baileys?
Me: No, I put the last of it into the stew
Kate: You put what in the stew?
Me: Baileys. Your mom asked me to
Lois: No I didn't (giving the that-guys-nuts look)
Me: Yes you did (giving her the don't-throw-me-under-the-bus-now-you-crazy-woman look)
Kate: How much Baileys did you put in the stew? What on earth were you thinking?
Me: A couple of shots. And she told me to put Baileys in the stew!
Lois: Bay leaves, I said bay leaves.
Me: Oh shit.

2 comments:

just us said...

Classic - maybe it's the buzz out there from that new stereo system you set up. BTW, how did it taste?

Anonymous said...

Thanks chris, I needed that laugh. One track mind...
xo lc