Sunday, June 5, 2011

Great Weekend

Which included a run with Kate on Friday, Federer's magical defeat of Djokovic, our first canoe trip with the kids (around Pumpkin Bay and under our bridge), watching some of the Pre Meet including Lagat's amazing kick in the 2-mile, a 5k running race, Fed's good effort against the King of Clay, an epic canoe trip to Moose Beach with a picnic and ice cream before the windy return trip.

Kate barely slept last night as she was on call, so I thought this might be my big chance to beat her in a race. I was ahead for 4k but she breezed by me and beat me by 6 seconds. Still, it was a born-again PB for me by 30 seconds (born-again, meaning that I'm not counting PBs from the 1980's when I was young, skinny and fast). Kate finished 2nd out of about 50 women and won a $25 MEC gift certificate. There goes her amateur status.

And here's a catch-up on some May photographs. I think this gets me kind of up to date.

- Japanese dinner in Bracebridge for my family dinner

















- Cookie lollipops in the shapes of our favourite relatives


















- Zoë rocking a new outfit from Grammy. While Molly gets as pink as possible.






















- Will we get the training wheels off by the end of the summer? I'm betting yes.



















- Will Zoë want "me too, me too, no training wheels" soon thereafter. Certainly.

















- May 2-4 weekend. First dip in the lake for Kate and the twins. Zoë and I were too sensible.


















- Our neighbours. Two families, each with 8-10 ducklings. Makes managing 3 kids seem rather laid-back.



















- Obligatory, iconic twin photo



















- Zoë and her bucket



No comments: