Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I believe I made 3 resolutions last year:

1) Run a sub-4 hour marathon for my 40th birthday
In May, Kate and I did the Mississauga marathon, completing it in 3:52 in the miserable, rainy cold. I also set PBs for the 5k and half marathon. I ran over 1300km in 2011, which is like running from Orillia to Thunder Bay. Which sounds good unless you compare it to what Terry Fox did, on one leg.

2) Focus on more Chinese stuff as Zoë gets old enough to need/appreciate it
We have been heading to Toronto every weekend since September for Chinese language lessons for the whole family.And we had a resplendent celebration of Zoë's dragon day. Now I just need to teach myself mah-jong!

3) Blog at least once a week.
And I blogged a few more times than in 2010, but there were still some empty patches, like the past 3 weeks!

And for 2012? How about...

1) Make a significant improvement in my marathon PB at the Ottawa marathon in May (training program begins in earnest in a couple of weeks). Do my first Olympic distance duathlon in Gravenhurst. And learn to swim, at least well enough to not embarrass myself quite so much at the triathlon this summer.

2) Finally complete Zoë's "memory book" of our trip to China

3) Try to improve on the ratio of joyous to disciplinary moments with the kids.

4) More blogging than last year.

1 comment:

just us said...

We will take the blogging how it comes. Especially since it tells us all about the joyous, not disciplinary, moments.

BTW, we have a gorgeous mah-jong set from my childhood. I would love to re/learn with you.