Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunger Games and More

Important things you need to know:

1. Hunger Games movie was perfect. Kate and I saw it last night. You can always nitpick about the conversion of a loved book to a movie but this was a pretty great translation. Jennifer Lawrence was awesome. I was worried they would screw up some effects (like the mutts) and end up cheesy, but I thought it was bang on. Enjoyed it as much as any movie I've seen in the last year.

2. Toronto FC sucks without Frings in the back. They might be bad with the German in the lineup, but they're dreadful without him. Greg and I went to the homeopener on Saturday. Weather sucked. Team sucked. Remind me why I chose to become a fan of a team owned by the Leafs?

3. Kate rules. She did awesome at the Round the Bay 30km race in Hamilton on Sunday. And our friend Lisa was the 3rd overall woman, out of about 3000!

4. March Madness must have affected me, as I bought a basketball net for our kids (see photo below). Even set at its lowest height (7 1/2 feet), Jacob can't throw a ball high enough to sink a basket. But I can dunk!

5. Greg and I are heading to the Masters in a week. We have tickets to a practice round on Tuesday and the final Sunday. Hoping for a clash of the titans, with Woods, Mickelson and McIlroy all playing well these days.

6. Ice melted on our lake on Saturday, March 24th. I'm advised that this is a record by a few days. But winter seems to have returned today. Woke up this morning to the sounds of whitecaps smashing against the rocks outside our window. Love it.

7. Molly's appointment with the orthotics guy at Sick Kids went well on Friday. He was impressed with the increased flexibility in her feet. We'll see what the surgeon has to say when we see him in a couple of weeks.



No comments: