Thursday, January 10, 2008

Peeing in the Wind

My personal standards seem to have disintegrated somewhat over the past six months. Yesterday, during a diaper change, one of the kids managed to projectile pee right down the front of my shirt. I then had to debate whether it was worth changing my shirt:

"Am I going to see anyone later today? It doesn't seem to smell too badly. If I change it now one of the kids will just spit up on the new one so why bother. I haven't showered today so I probably smell worse than the pee. Etc." I did change my shirt but it was a narrow victory for the voice of hygiene.

I felt much better later when Kate related to me that during bathtime last week, one of the kids peeed (I do like the triple 'e' in that word even if spellcheck doesn't) of her father's side of the guest bed. She debated whether it was worth changing the sheets. She did, but it shows I'm not alone.

No comments: