Friday, March 14, 2008

Thinking Inside The Box

The kids seem to be back to full strength (except for some phlegminess in Molly's chest) and they've slept pretty well the past two nights, meaning that I'm getting back to full strength too. Unfortunately, their grandmother seems to have picked up the cold, so she's gone home with an unintended souvenir.

The grandparents looked after the kids for a few hours on Wednesday while I worked out on the newly rebuilt gym, went for a run on the treadmill, and did some errands around town. Upon my return, I was informed that the kids could now: stand up, kick a ball, clap their hands, and possibly juggle and run a 4 minute mile. None of these things were repeated in my view, but people don't ever lie or exaggerate about their grandchildren's exploits, do they?

I was also asked, "the kids have never been in a box?", with some incredulity. So, now they've been in a box. And their chances at a healthy, normal life have risen in accordance with this experience.

No comments: