Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hockey and Take-Out and More B-day Photos

I have some more Zoë birthday photos, but thought I'd open with two revealing stories - what's the point of a blog if you can't make fun of yourself.

- At last night's oldtimers' hockey game I scored two goals in the first period (more goals than I've scored in some decades). I spent the rest of the game wondering whether hat trick was spelled as one word or two, as I imagined bragging about my athletic feat on my blog. Needless to say, a third goal did not materialize.

- Tonight I called the kids to the table when their pasta dinner was almost ready. As Jacob sat waiting, he said, "When is the Chinese food guy?". Is it possible that I'm using the preservation of Zoë's cultural heritage as a convenient excuse to order way too much Chinese take-out? You're damned straight it's possible.

Now for the photos:
- Here's Kate using Zoë's birthday as a teachable moment. Yes, that's my mom playing the sun, while Molly circles her to demonstrate the meaning of a year. Yes, I'm sure that our genius children absorbed this lesson. No, I don't think my wife is certifiably insane.

- Jacob, giving me his well-practiced, "you gotta love mama and her crazy ideas" look

- Zoë with her birthday train that the twins made her

- another birthday gift for "Zoë" - which Molly & Jacob gleefully opened

- the whole gang in their crazy fort tent

1 comment:

just us said...

Love that I can spot Sophie's trousers on the birthday girl from across the planet. Happy belated birthday sweetie-pie. And sweet dreams - all night and every night!