Saturday, April 30, 2011

Someone Wants a Boat

1. Marathon is two weeks from tomorrow. Kate and I did a 20-miler last weekend - can't say I'm excited at the prospect of an additional 10k. I feel like I'm in great shape to run a personal best at a half marathon. But I might not have enough mileage under my belt to avoid fading towards the end of the full marathon. We will see.

2. Zoë moved into a full-sized bed yesterday. We're holding out irrational hope that the move will help decrease the going-to-sleep issues.

3. Conversation from lunch today
Me: (watching a boat putter past our shore) I guess we'll have a lot of people in boats checking us out this summer
Kate: They'll be thinking how happy we must be.
Jacob: We'd be happier if we had a boat.
Kate: Good luck with that kid.
Jacob: Not a canoe or a kayak. We'd be happier with a boat.

No comments: