Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Folk Festival and Final Birthday Party

We spent the weekend at the Mariposa Folk Festival. Gorgeous weather all weekend. The kids had a blast. We get to experience a little bit more of the music each year as the kids get older. But we do miss the Vancouver festival, where there is so much more music aimed at the under 80 crowd.

My favourite moment of the weekend. Zoë playing with a bouncy ball near the main stage. She throws the ball past a seeing-eye dog. The dog sees the bouncing ball and bounds away from its owner, grabs the ball and runs over to Zoë, leaving the blind woman completely stranded. Zoë stares down the working dog and says "My ball, my, my, my ball". At which point I sheepishly grab the ball out of the dog's mouth and shoo it back to its owner.

For those who aren't on Facebook with me, here are 2 photos of the twins in fantastic facepaint.






















- On Friday morning we finally got around to having a 4th birthday party with the kids' friends. Pirate-themed of course.

- Kate captaining the pirate ship.
















- The pirate ship cake

















- The pirate ship cake about to be devoured pirate-style (i.e. no plates or cutlery)


















- Would you mess with this pirate?


















- Jacob and the boys digging for treasure (Nicholas, Will, Jamie and Julian)


1 comment:

just us said...

I can only hope that by having twin girl and boy they thus will never fall into the "only girls/only boys are allowed at my party" trap. It starts so soon....

PS Tell Zoe I will never mess with her (especially after 7 pm).