Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hot Duathlon

I picked the hottest day of the summer to complete my first duathlon (run, bike, run). Beat my target time, averaged 30km/hr on the bike for the first time and won my first medal for any kind of athletic endeavour since I was in high school! 2nd out of 10 men in their 40's!

This all came in the shadow of Kate's attempt at the Olympic distance triathlon yesterday. She hit a pothole on her bike and hurtled to the pavement, smashing her helmet and getting a nasty case of road rash from shoulder to calf. She is a bloody mess but no lasting damage. She was a trooper today and brought the 3 kids back to Gravenhurst to cheer me on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy cats! for both of you! glad kate is ok, and very impressed with you!!

only a few more days!!!

xo
lc