Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Inspiration

First of all, I wasn't really dejected in that post-race photo. Just tired.
And I was being facetious about the grudge match - I'm much too smart to even pretend to challenge Kate or Beth to any kind of race!

This morning mom gave me the "what am I, chopped liver?", so I'd better complete the triathlon posts asap.

A year ago mom decided to start training for her first triathlon. And despite injuring her achilles a week before the big day, she not only completed the race but also came away with the first place plaque for the 60+ age group.

Don also completed the tri-the-tri, and with such ease that he may be tempted into the longer distance races next year. Sucker!

Here's the swim start. Mom's in the dark blue and light blue professional-looking tri suit at the water's edge.


















-  Mom emerging from the swim.


















- And heading out on the bike. Still smiling.


















- Note the young woman who mom's beating. She actually started the swim 6 minutes before mom!



















 - Don sprinting to the finish. Sean clapping in the foreground.


















- Still grinning despite running on a painful ankle. She finished ahead of 85 people - yay mom!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your mom!!! She actually looks like she's having a great time. I sense another race in her future...

I can't believe I've known you this long and I still take it literally when you're being silly. ;) someday I won't be so gullible...

Maybe.

xo
lc