Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Make Dinner Before Breakfast

I'm trying out my new Slow Cooker today. I put in a pot roast before breakfast and it should be ready for a late dinner. I love that something can be marketed for how slowly it does something. The 80's were all about the microwave saving time, but now we're supposed to re-invest that time back into enjoying our food. It's a good thing I quit my job (and that twins won't take up much of my free time).

Saw Music and Lyrics last night and it was abysmal. Kate says it delivered exactly the treacle that it promised, but this was not just a run-of-the-mill romantic comedy - it was painful to watch. Definitely Hugh Grant's worst movie, and with Mickey Blue Eyes out there, that's saying something.

We are also watching the first season of Weeds - really good, and not just because I always thought West Wing's Josh Lyman was better off with Mary Louise Parker than with Donna.

I'm off for a run, while dinner continues to cook...slowly.

No comments: