Friday, May 11, 2007

On The Occasion Of My 36th Birthday

I'm told that I'll have my hands full post-birth so I'm setting up the blog in advance (although I understand that babies sleep 18 hours a day and with twins that should mean 36 hours per day of peace, but whatever).

Today seemed like a good occasion for the first post, given that my 36th birthday coincides with us being 30 weeks pregnant (for the edification of those not married to an OB, a normal pregnancy is 40 weeks and twins average 36 weeks, so we're looking at end of June or beginning of July).

So, what does a stay-at-home guy do who has quit his job but doesn't have anyone to parent yet? Fulfilling my destiny - playing handyman. I've been building furniture (my Ikea furniture ends up looking fairly similar to the picture on the box), "fixing" things (installing a gate latch that now won't close, hanging a mailbox that now won't open, failing to turn on the outside water tap, too scared to try fixing a leaking sink in our bathroom, etc.). I figure it's all good practice for me not knowing what I'm doing when the babies arrive.

I know people only go to blogs to see baby photos, but I'll see if I can figure out how to post photos of our Europe trip and new house instead.

No comments: