Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cap'n Molly and Sleepless Jake

Kate has taken to calling Molly "the pirate" because she peers up at Kate with one eye closed and says, "Aaaaarrrgh".

Both kids ate well today but we ran into our first struggles with putting them down. After one feed this afternoon, we spent the next 2 hours trying to get Jacob to sleep. We ran through about 100 theories: maybe he doesn't like the window open, maybe it's too dark, now maybe it's too bright, maybe he doesn't want to be swaddled, maybe he needs to be swaddled more tightly, etc. Eventually, after 2 hours we fed him and he ate like a horse. During his third slurp he glanced at me with a somewhat disgusted look which said, "Hey Mr. Smart Guy, I'm 10 days old, I only do two things - I sleep and I eat. If I'm not sleeping, guess what I need." Next time we'll consider the fact that he might be hungry.

2 comments:

Bob Phillips said...

Hi,
Never thought I`d get hooked on a blog,you are now 3rd port of call after emails and sports pages !!
Delighted progress is so good.
Chris...technical question...have set up my own blog to record details of my recent journey,but cant position pictures where I want them in the text..is there a magic button ?
Bob

Anonymous said...

Give the kid more credit - he does at least THREE things: eats, sleeps and poops
Grammy Hazel