Friday, September 7, 2007

Revenge is Best Served Curdled

After the infamous "milk incident" described in the previous entry, apparently Jacob has been harbouring deep resentment. This morning I was lying on my back and picked him up into the airplane position. As I said "zoooom", he launched a geyser of digested milk on a direct trajectory down towards my open mouth. Only my deft reflexes saved me from a mouthful - instead he doused my cheek and neck. Now we're even.

The reinforcements arrived late on Wednesday night, as my parents are here until Sunday. We have taken great advantage of them thus far. We got a night out on Thursday (in lieu of our anniversary) - dinner on a patio in the sweltering September heat, followed by a walk for ice creams. Plus, we've had numerous breaks and naps with the extra coverage. So much more civilized.

And speaking of revenge, dad exacted his on the golf course this morning, cruising to an easy victory.

No comments: