Thursday, March 19, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

We're heading to the airport in a few minutes. The kids are excited. They keep saying "a-pin, a-pin". I tried explaining the concept of flying to Vancouver, but every time I ask where the airplane is going, they just say, "up".

In the past week, the kids seem to have developed opinions on every issue that arises. To take the wagon, not the stroller. To push the wagon, not to ride in it. To wear the gloves that Jacob has on, not any other pair in the universe. To wear the pink sweatshirt over the truck t-shirt (Jacob). To nap later, not now. To eat now, not later. Molly has started walking everywhere, which is fantastic, but it does mean that it takes us an hour to get to the coffeeshop in the morning. Ah well, I did vow to keep reminding myself that I didn't have anywhere else I had to be - the journey is the destination, etc., etc.

I probably won't get a chance to report in until we get back on the 30th. Until then...

1 comment:

just us said...

we are missing you...