Monday, January 3, 2011

Flexible Resolutions

My mother is suggesting that I've already broken my New Year's Resolution by failing to blog on the first Sunday of the year. In my defence, today's a holiday so I'm giving myself a day's grace.

Kate and I began 2011 in style by showing up to and completing the 10km snowflake race in a driving rainstorm. Our time was slow (Kate slowed down to finish it with me) but we felt quite virtuous for the rest of the day. The person who should have felt virtuous though was Kate's mom, who looked after the three kids at home during the race, despite full-on flu. One of these years I'd like to make it through the Christmas season without wiping out the grandparents with that year's plague.

The twins were back in school today. They'll be joined by Zoë in exactly one month. And that's when my marathon training will really begin in earnest.

No comments: