Monday, January 17, 2011

Inauspicious Start to the Holiday

We leave for Cuba tomorrow morning (actually in the middle of the night). Unfortunately, Jacob developed a cough last night and his sisters have decided that the best way to show solidarity is to behave like lunatics. Should be an interesting flight!

I will try to post from Cuba, but if not will deliver the full report upon our return.

We've been out to the movies twice in the past week (pretty good, eh?). True Grit was spectacular and I wanted to go back in and watch it again right away. Fantastic dialogue and the best young female role model to appear in a movie for a long while. Then last night we saw Black Swan, which was riveting and gut wrenching. Natalie Portman was really great. Can't say I'll ever want to watch it again though. I don't need to put myself through that again. Don't think I'll be putting my kids into ballet anytime soon!

No comments: