Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to Blogging - Kids of Steel

With Jacob and Molly back to full-day kindergarten, and Zoë starting 2 1/2 days of Montessori, I suddenly have lots of time on my hands. Which should mean more blogging, right? Well, let's start by catching up on the end of the summer stuff.

Starting with my last post in July, we had triathlon weekend, hosting Beth and her family. Erin and Sean each came 3rd in their Kids of Steel races, despite having another year in their age groups. Molly and Jacob were fantastic in their races.

Here are Jacob, Molly and Julian before the race. The adult caps were a bit big!


Jacob charging through the water


Post race celebration


Some video footage of Jacob. Which I'm including mostly to show the hilariousness of these events. Jacob's in the orange and black. The video starts with him at a standstill, looking back for his buddy who decided not to enter the water. Then he charges up through the field so he's actually in the lead by the end of the video. Which was a good time to stop filming, before half the field headed to shore while Jacob took a longer swim.


And I think Molly's surgeon should include this footage in his marketing materials



Kate and I did the adults' version the next day. Yes, I've now done 3 triathlons, and I still haven't learned how to swim properly. But Kate managed to place 2nd in her age group!!

We left the next day on our Maritimes road trip. More to follow...

No comments: