Monday, October 15, 2007

Home Alone

Kate's parents left early this morning so we have the house to ourselves for the first time in a couple of weeks. You know how at the end of a great holiday you always feel happy to arrive home. Well, it's similar for having great guests - you can still be happy about having the house to yourself again. I'll feel that way until dinner tonight when I realize I haven't thought about what to eat.

Kate was on 24-hour call shifts on Friday and Sunday plus in the O.R. this morning, and the whole thing went very smoothly despite her shifts being pretty busy. The kids are great - eating formula when necessary, sleeping pretty well at night. Last night they totally "twinned" me. Each of them slept 5-6 hours consecutively, but they managed to get out of synch enough so that I didn't get more than 2 hours in a row. But they're sleeping again now and I'm typing instead of napping, so I can't be too desperate.

No comments: