Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Am A Winner!

I won the weekly draw for a $10 gift certificate at the coffee place we go to every morning. May not seem like blog-worthy news, but I've never won any kind of draw in my life. Except possibly in grade 2 when my drawing of a moose won a prize at the school board art contest. My mother told me later (much later, to her credit) that I won based on a draw, not on merit. Which is surprising, considering my prodigious artistic talent.

In other news, after Kate's busy call shift on Sunday, Jacob seems to have lost interest in feeding from the breast. It seems he likes the easiness of the bottle, rather than having to work for his supper. This is causing no small amount of consternation and maternal-back-to-work-guilt. I think it's a phase that will pass, but we're concocting all sorts of schemes and strategies.

Meanwhile, Molly seems to have completely adjusted to wearing the boots and bar. She kicks her feet right up over her head, coos and chirps and smiles.

And, did I mention that I won $10?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Kate not to lose heart. Each of my kids went through brief phases of rejecting breast feeding for a little bit. But they soon got over it!