Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Recap

My favourite moment was the Once song win. I loved them bringing Marketa back out for her speech, which was fantastic (some similar content to what the insufferable Russell Crowe said a few years ago, except she was sincere). As my friend Tiff would say, "I'm so proud of my guys!!". Also liked Diablo Cody's win for the Juno screenplay. And the fact that all the winners were likable - no blowhards like James Cameron, Halle Berry, or the aforementioned Crowe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you can tell from Karl's blog, we got an abbreviated version of the Oscars! Eric and I saw 4 out of 5 (we skipped Atonement). No Country was better than There Will Be Blood -- I'm happy it won!
Eric and I got to see the Sabres play the Leafs at the Air Canada Center -- boy those Leafs suck. I wore my Leafs jersey but was cheering for the Sabres! Karl and I were talking about dim sum with you guys Easter weekend!

PS - Don't get Karl started on Diablo Cody!!
T-Lee