Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Love and Loyalty

I felt a pain in my knee yesterday which I'm quite certain was sympathetic to Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury. Kate asked me if I was going to start cheering for another team now that Tom's out. I tried to explain that I've been with the Pats through thick and thin - a Super Bowl blowout loss to the Bears, a 1-15 season, the 3 Super Bowls, etc.. It's a long term relationship based on loyalty. I told Kate that if she ever has season-ending knee injury or goes 1-15 I'm going to stick with her too. At this point I think she walked out of the room. How do I explain that saying I love her like I love the Pats is the epitome of romance?

In other sporting news, order was restored to the tennis world as Federer silenced his doubters with a dominating win in the US Open final. I think only my father-in-law was picking Andy to win the final, but then again, since Brent started saying that Roger was done, he's won another 3 grand slams.

And here are some photos from our baseball trip:
Since it was Greg's camera he thought it would be hilarious to have a series of shots with me standing a step below him, so as to look dwarfed by him.
Here's one with Greg looking enormous at our seats in Yankee stadium.

And here's one of Greg looking enormous at Fenway. Behind us is the famous "Blue Monster" as Kate calls it, or the "Green Giant" as Jo calls it.

And here we are actually standing on the same level, both looking enormous next to NYC's finest.

The old ballpark

With the obnoxious Jays fans after beating the Yanks

And me looking a little lost on Broadway

No comments: