Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

First, a few resolutions for the new year:
1) For the first time in many years I don't have to lose any weight (below 190lbs for a few months now), so my fitness goal for the year is to run 10km in 45 minutes.
2) Make sure that both my mother and mother-in-law know how much we appreciate them. I fear we've been woefully derelict at this for the past 18 months.
3) Blog more often
4) Love my kids more and more every day (thought I'd throw in a resolution that is actually achievable).

We got back from Thunder Bay on Friday, after a fun 10-day visit. It was an active trip, as we took advantage of grandmotherly babysitting to do lots of skiing (on our new x-country skis), tennis, hockey, running, and even a family game of bowling. And on the cold days and nights, we all played lots of Wii. The kids were sad to leave all the love and attention, and Jacob was devastated that he has been separated from Papa's pick-up truck (those aren't my genes). Here are some photos and a couple of videos:

- Molly on X-Mas morning with Jacob's dog. Their dogs (both named Bear) have now traveled to England and Thunder Bay. We're quite the entourage getting onto a plane.

- Investigating their stockings

- Checking out the presents

- Tearing into a present

- off with the wrapping paper

- Hugging their new dolls

- Doing the dishes

- Bundled up against the cold

- Soulful Molly on the harmonica

- And the never-ending birthday song, for the 18-month old twins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, get going on keeping Resolution 3!!!

And I'm with you on the 45 min 10k - but for the moment I'm going to work on being able to run for 45 mins, then to be able to run for 10k, and then to try to combine them! Holy cats I'm outta shape.

xo
lc