Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Twin Joke

They think this one is hilarious.

Me: Here's your pasta - eat your lunch.
Jacob: Hot! (touches the food, appears pained). Nooo!!! (laughs uproariously)
Molly: Hat! (touches her head, where her hat would be). Nooo!!! (they both laugh uncontrollably)

We have friends (SJ & Will) in BC who are pregnant with their first. Rumour has it that SJ is a periodic hazelblog checker and that she has requested more child-rearing tips in her hour of need. The best piece of advice I received before the twins were born was to never listen to advice from anyone whose kids are more than six months older than your own, because those parents have completely forgotten what it's like. So, that disqualifies me from helping out new parents (even if I did have anything useful to impart). However, I think I will launch a new blog feature, entitled Tips For New Parents Who Know Even Less Than I Do

Tips For New Parents Who Know Even Less Than I Do - #1
Beware of Melissa & Doug. If you haven't heard of them, don't hit this link. We have enough hand-me-down toys to last the twins until they're 18, but we (read: Kate) have fallen under the lure of "real", "wooden", "educational" toys. And now we send half of our disposable income to M&D every month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent initiative!

By the way, you should also stay away from letoyvan

(google it)

xo
jules

Anonymous said...

I think you should launch a whole new blog on that theme - and one that pays...

xo
lc