Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Catch-Up

We're back home after a great Christmas break in Montreal with my family. Spoiled by my parents, allowing us many outings for runs, movies, dinners, etc. The kids had a great time with their big twin cousins, who are the best 7 year-old babysitters ever. Unfortunately Jacob injured his foot on the first day, such that he couldn't walk for about 3 days. That added to his door-slammed finger, lack of sleep, and his general two-and-a-half-ness meant that he had a pretty tough trip. Very fragile with lots of crying. And his spirits still haven't picked up much since our return home.

Kate's parents are visiting now for a few days so the good times continue to roll. Kate and I took advantage by doing a 10km snowflake run yesterday at a pedestrian pace but at least we kicked the new year off to a healthy start. I had a few beverages the night before so I took some convincing to get out there.

Last year my 3 resolutions were to 1) blog more, 2) run a 45 minute 10km, and 3) make sure mom and mother-in-law felt appreciated. Scorecard is mixed. I did blog more but the numbers were heavily skewed by our China trip. I stalled at a 46:06 as my best 10km, but I did beat my PB in the half marathon by 7 or 8 minutes. And I think I thanked the moms a lot, but we also abandoned them for 2 1/2 weeks with the twins while we went to get Zoë - it may take a while to repay that one.

New Years resolutions for 2010.
1) Blog more (no, really)
2) Complete a "real" triathlon (no, I still can't really swim but that's in the details right?)
3) Remember to laugh with the kids every day, even if I'm at the end of my rope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love resolution 3, and i'm going to remember it - especially in april!

as for number one, you're still well ahead of me.

love love
lc