Friday, June 15, 2007

Get This Woman Some Twins

With Kate now home from work, I'm spending an inordinate amount of time traipsing from one strange female-centric hobby store to the next. I may be the first guy to ever have entered some of these establishments. And I don't men are missing much. So, in descending order of coolness, I rank them like this (Kate is into all except the last on the list):
  • garden centres (75:25 female:male ratio, all ages, they're growing food and beautiful things - this makes sense to me)
  • knitting stores (100:0 ratio, all ages, pretty trendy so not as uncool as you might think)
  • quilting stores (100:0 ratio, skews older, pretty frumpy but nice grandma-types)
  • fabric/sewing stores (100:0 ratio, middle-aged, very doughy, these places give me the creeps)
  • scrapbooking (100:0 ratio, young to middle-aged, possibly the lamest, cutesy hobby ever. Putting stickers and stamps into books, decorating with frills and lace. I don't get it)

No comments: