Friday, August 17, 2007

Wednesday Night's Cotillion

Okay, so it was a baby shower, not a Cotillion, but it kind of felt like the twins' debutante event, being introduced to Orillia society. And ever since the O.C., who hasn't dreamed of going to Cotillion - the dresses, the white gloves, the dancing. Umm, maybe that was just me.
Anyway, we had about 20 people over for the baby shower and the event was further proof that Orillia is the friendliest, most welcoming town around. People who we hadn't even met before, or who we've known for only a couple of months were so kind and generous. And the kids were on their very best behaviour. I was convinced that being passed around all evening from stranger to stranger would have them too wired to sleep, but they slept from 11pm straight through until 4:45am, when it was just about time to get up to prepare for our trek down to Toronto anyway. So, I propose a cotillion every week!

I'll add some photos later when mom gets home with her camera. Right now we're on 2-hour reprieve as my family have taken the twins for a walk down to the beach. Kate is napping and I'm futzing about, enjoying my coffee in the calm, quiet of an empty house.

Photos added:
- Laura, Lisa and Liz laughing uproariously at some pithy comment I've made.
- Kate holding court with, from left to right: Michelle, Liz, Rose, Julia and Sara(testing my capacity for name-remembering)
- The fabulous cake. Those with extraordinary powers of observation may have noticed that a very similar looking cake appears as Don's b-day cake a day later. Reuse, recycle, re-eat.





No comments: