Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Kind Twins

Jacob is the kindest two year-old I've met. He wants everyone to be happy. But today, Molly stole his kindness thunder. Jacob woke up from his nap completely inconsolable. I brought them downstairs to the couch and went back up to gather library books for our afternoon outing. Coming back downstairs I could hear Molly reading Jacob a book, and when he sniffled, she said, "it's okay Jacob, you're not crying, you're a big boy". Love that girl!

On the Zoë front, the twins understand a lot, but perhaps not everything. They may believe that we're adopting two babies, one named Zoë and one named Mei-Mei. If I explain that I'm building the crib for Zoë, Jacob nods solemnly and says "and Mei-Mei". My mom gave us a beautiful Chinese doll, who Molly immediately named Zoë. She lugs little Zoë around the house, feeds her, reads to her, and puts her down for countless naps. But when I say that Kate and I are going to China to get Zoë, Molly says, "no, Zoë downstairs napping". There also seems to be some confusion between Kate helping mamas get babies out of their tummies and them asking "mama has baby in tummy?".

I played my first hockey game since moving from Vancouver. I wouldn't say that the three year layoff has improved my game. I'm still sore from our final soccer game last weekend, and I think I pulled a groin muscle during the pre-game stretching. Luckily it's a 38 and older league, so I wasn't alone in my lack of limber-ness.

2 comments:

just us said...

So you are just a young pup.

Chris said...

It's nice being the youngest for a change!